The purchaser of any ‘equine’ is required to notify The Department of Agriculture – through Weatherbys (for thoroughbreds), by completing the transfer of ownership form.

Weatherbys have informed us that the seller is only required to keep their own sales record and give the passport to the new owners.

The link to the transfer of ownership requirements is :


Please see the below forms

  1. Equidae transfer of ownership
  2. Broodmare transfer of ownership

Please note there is a fee to the purchaser for each.




Leave a Reply